Happy Monday! I’m so glad to be back at the blog after spending a few weeks investing in my self care, relaxation, and overall wellness.
I’ve been publishing a series of pre-filmed videos on my YouTube channel, including a number of videos about beauty products. I’ve shared several videos about Beem Box, a subscription service offering cosmetics and skincare for women of color (my first Beem Box review is here).
Since my first box, I’ve received three more, for a total of four Beem Boxes. So I feel confident that I can discuss the products and service objectively, as someone that has purchased multiple boxes and used products from each of them. Here are the pros and cons that I notice from the Beem Box:
- Reasonably priced ($45 per box) and the value of the products in each box far exceeds the price
- Provides me with the opportunity to try brand that I’ve never heard of before
- There is skincare in each box, so the focus isn’t exclusively on cosmetics
- Beautiful, decorative boxes that are recyclable
- The perfect amount of products: not too much, not too few (just enough to try until you get the next box)
- You only have one option for delivery frequency (one box every 8 or so weeks)
- There aren’t different levels of subscription so you can’t opt for a “deluxe” or upgraded box
- Sometimes the products aren’t stellar (I’ve been underwhelmed by a couple of items)
- The description cards no longer show the product original pricing (which is helpful for comparing the box’s value to the box price)
Overall, I enjoy the boxes and the cons certainly don’t outweigh the pros. I love getting to try new stuff every few weeks, and it discourages me from overspending in other places. I love that I get a few cosmetics and a little skincare in each box. Also, the fact that each box has products from vegan, cruelty free, and women-owned businesses is a huge plus. This is a great service that also makes a great gift, too.
Do you have any subscription services that you love? I’d love to hear all about it in the comments below!