Happy Monday, friends! I was due for another 2018 goal update, so I figured that I’d do it now, before the end of the month.
My last goal update post reiterated my three overall goals to accomplish during this year, as well as steps I intended to take to bring me closer to those goals.
For those that don’t remember, my goals are as follows:
- Publish some of my writing
- Travel more
- Dabble in an art career
Here are the updates as promised! I’ll also share my next round of tasks for each goal.
Goal 1: Publish some of my writing
I intended to take 3 different actions before the end of the month of April. Those actions were:
- Start on the 2nd round of edits for my novel
- Complete 1st round of edits for my how-to book
- Purchase a MasterClass membership to get additional writing assistance
So, I’m happy to say that I finished my 2nd round of novel edits (go me!) and did my first round of edits for the how-to book (yay!). I opted out of purchasing the MasterClass membership in April because I determined that I would be taking several online classes during the next few months. However, I’ll revisit the MasterClass purchase in September.
My new writing goals are as follows:
- Finish writing out supplemental/resource material for the how-to book
- Allow my friends to read a draft of my novel for feedback
- Resume work on novel # 2
Goal 2: More travel
My travel goals were simple: mostly decisions and research. Those goals were:
- Make a decision on my London travel: whether I will do one or two trips this year
- Start pricing my London and New York airfare and hotel stays
- Reserve rooms for weekend trips in May
Due to some changing priorities at work, I had to reassess my travel plans for later this year. However, I did the weekend trip that I planned to do in May (my embassy weekend). Now that I’m halfway through the year, I’ve got another set of goals. These are:
- Finalize details for birthday trip in August
- Finish paying off October cruise balance
- Start budgeting for international trip in December
Goal 3: Dabble in an art career
As you all recall from previous posts, my art career goals involve working in the art world as opposed to creating art. My last round of goals were a bit more ambiguous, but funny enough, I made progress just the same. Those goals were:
- Reserve my space in the Christie’s course(s) I plan to take in New York this summer
- Begin another online art course
- Narrow down the opportunities I’ve listed to those most advantageous for the path
I opted out of taking a Christie’s course this summer due to those previously mentioned changes at work. I’ve had my hands full with the Cultures and Identities in Europe and Inside Opera courses, so I put a hold on my ALISON art course (Color Theory for Artists and Designers). Once those two FutureLearn courses wrap up, I’ll see if there are any more suitable art courses that I want to take: if not, I’ll resume my ALISON course. I also got a great idea for dabbling in an art career on my terms, and I’m really excited about that (I’ll share more as I finish ironing out the details).
Now, my goals for my art related career is as follows:
- Complete an art course
- Create a website for art career “secret project”
- Read “Institutional Time – A Critique of Studio Art Education” by Judy Chicago
My timeframe for completing these tasks is August 15th. So, look out for updates to my new incremental goals in the next few weeks.
Thanks everyone, for stopping through and for keeping me accountable. I truly appreciate it. Talk to you all soon!