Back in January, I outlined 3 goals that I have for this year. As a point of accountability, I want to share how things have been going with those goals, as well as the next steps to take in the upcoming weeks.
Goal 1: Publish some of my writing
Technically, this blog is a way of publishing my writing, but I don’t heavily edit anything that goes on here, and I want to have a consolidated work (like a book). I mentioned previously that editing and publishing are tests of my discipline and focus, as I tremendously enjoy getting the thoughts on paper but don’t really enjoying reviewing what I’ve written. Here are the actions I intend to take before the end of the month:
- Start on the 2nd round of edits for my novel
- Complete 1st round of edits for my how-to book
- Purchase a MasterClass membership to get additional writing assistance
Goal 2: More travel
I’ve done one of my major trips – Nairobi, Kenya – but I’ve been eyeing a short trip to London sometime this summer (this ties into Goal 3). I also have a family cruise planned in October, and maybe (hopefully!) one more London trip in December. I’ve also been taking more roadtrips over the past several months, and next month will have me taking a trip almost every weekend! Anyway, here are the actions I intend to take over the next couple of weeks:
- Make a decision on my London travel: whether I will do one or two trips this year
- Start pricing my London and New York airfare and hotel stays
- Reserve rooms for weekend trips in May
Goal 3: Dabble in an art career
I’m not an artist, but I aspire to work in the art world, as either a consultant or a curator. I’ve researched a few opportunities to help me get a feel for the museum/auction world, but other than listing out those resources, I haven’t taken any other actions. That stops this month. These are the actions I intend to take in support of my future art career:
- Reserve my space in the Christie’s course(s) I plan to take in New York this summer
- Begin another online art course
- Narrow down the opportunities I’ve listed to those most advantageous for the path I’m pursuing.
That’s all for my 2018 goals update. I’ll try to remember to post again at the beginning of June, to let you all know how much progress I’ve made. Talk to you all soon!