Happy Thursday, beloveds! I’m enjoying my first full day in Raleigh, NC and, if all goes well, I’ll have a special treat for you all in the next few days. I thought I’d share with you all some of the basic things I consider when planning my travel. I hope it helps you to plan your perfect trip!
Make a list, check it twice
- Visit to at least one museum
- Dine at one of the finest restaurants in the area
- Dine at a “local favorite” (a restaurant most highly recommended by people living in town)
- Spend time in a park, at a river or on a trail in the city I’m visiting
- Shop at a local thrift store
- View the local monuments and the downtown area
- Visit a local bookstore
Whenever I plan a trip, I try to include as many of these things as possible. For me, these things comprise an ideal trip: shopping, dining, sightseeing, books, and some time in nature. Every now and then, I can incorporate two or more of these things in one outing (for instance, a visit to a park in the downtown area that’s located a block or two away from the “local favorite” restaurant).
One item that I didn’t list on this sample itinerary that I *hope* you all will include is REST. I can’t begin to describe how hard it is to do all of the fun stuff you’ve planned when you’re exhausted. So make sure that SLEEP is part of your plans, as well!
That’s it for my mini-itinerary. Enjoy your Friday, and I’ll talk to you all tomorrow!