I’m still having fun with the #MakingSpaceChallenge and finding easy ways to #makespace every day. I haven’t seen any drastic updates/changes in my life, but that’s the beauty of the challenge: causing little drips that I hope will turn into oceans of change.
I felt like I might have an issue with staying on task with the challenge, so I came up with a short list of easy ways that I can make space in my life. Some of these may take more than the prescribed 5 minutes, but getting started is important and just as impactful.
Some of the easy ways that you can make space in your life are:
- Clean out emails
- Make a call that you’ve been putting off
- Finally tackle your “junk drawer”
- Throw away any expired items (food, beauty products, etc.,)
- Cancel a subscription that you don’t need
- Throw away any clothing that isn’t in good shape
- Back up all of your files to an external drive or cloud drive
- Turn in your gently used books and clothing for cash
- Indulge in an act of self care
- Go to sleep a little earlier than normal
All of these activities either create space in your physical surroundings, your mental space, or serve as a way to restore your energy. I’m sure there are many other small ways that space can be created, but these were the ways that I could think of off of the top of my head.
Do you have any other ideas on how to easily and quickly create space? If so, make sure to leave it in the comments below, as well as take a photo of how you’re making space and tag it on Instagram #MakingSpaceChallenge . Talk to you all tomorrow!