I don’t spend a lot of time talking about my skin care routine on this blog because, well, there’s a lot more to life than beauty stuff. But I recently saw a post about a woman that had “glass skin”: skin so flawless that it looked shiny and smooth like glass. And, I was intrigued by what could create such a perfect, poreless complexion. After reading the post and comparing the “glass skin” routine to the Korean 10 step product routine, I decided that I would do a “glass skin” challenge during the month of March.
My skin is combination and can be sensitive at times. This routine will (hopefully!) help nourish my post-winter complexion and give me the kind of skin that looks perfect without makeup.
The goal is to look as gorgeous as Kezia by the end of the month (photo courtesy of D’Journae)
The ten steps as outlined by Self magazine are as follows, and the products I’ll be using for each step are also listed:
- Oil cleanser (to remove makeup): food grade coconut oil
- Foam cleanser: Mary Kay 3-in-1 Cleanser (for combination/oily skin)
- Exfoliant (advised for 1 – 3 times week use): Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Ultra Gentle Daily Peel for Sensitive Skin (I’ll use this one daily, as it’s gentle)
- Toner: Caudalie Grape Water
- Essence: SCINIC First Treatment Essence
- Serum/booster/ampoule: The Ordinary Niacinamide and “Buffet” serums, Mary Kay Timewise Night Solution
- Mask (1 – 2 times per week): Mary Kay Moisture Renewing Gel Mask
- Eye cream: Mary Kay Firming Eye Cream
- Face cream: Mary Kay Age Fighting Moisturizer (for combination/oily skin)
- SPF: Mary Kay Timewise Day Solution
Whew, so many products! I currently use anywhere from 4-7 products per cleansing session, but adding these additional products will be new for me. To be fair, some of these will only be used once or twice a week, or only once a day, so, while the list looks long, not every product will be used twice a day.