Here we are, staring September right in the face.
I’m not happy about it. At all. I love the summertime and I hate to see it end. Summer is my favorite season and I get a little mopey every time September rolls around again.
Yes, I know that this is inevitable: I live in an area that has four distinct seasons and after summer, I can reasonably expect fall weather to arrive shortly. But that doesn’t mean that I have to pretend to like it!
Since i’m unable to do anything about the weather, I will try to remember the things that I do like about the cooler months. Here are some of my favorite things about the fall:
- Most of my paid holidays come during the fall and winter months.
- Fall time is apple season!
- Leaves that change to brilliant shades of red and gold are a sight to behold.
- Layering clothes can create some really cute looks.
- The weather is perfect for curling up with a good book, a snuggly blanket, or a cute beau.
While I’m sad to see summer come to a close, there are reasons to look forward to the months ahead. So today, I’ll savor what’s left of August. I hope you all get a chance to do the same!
Talk to you all tomorrow!